Let me ask you a quick question?
Did you take some time to reflect on the past year and what 2017 brought for you?
If you haven’t, don’t sweat it! It’s not too late.
I must admit, with my travels, visiting my family in Hungary and the craziness of the holidays, I completely skipped my important reflection ritual.
So let’s do it together now!
As a part of conscious living, it’s been a tradition for me to look back at the end of each year and list all my positive accomplishments and experiences.
It’s truly liberating!
I believe it’s very important to pause from time to time and check back with ourselves.
What did you have planned, what have you accomplished, who did you meet, what places have you visited and what experiences did you go through last year?
I find that without reflecting, we may lack gratefulness and appreciation for the things we’ve done, and give ourselves credit for far less that what we actually achieved. This can leave us feeling unmotivated and ‘blah’, as opposed to excited for the coming year.
With the next 35 questions I want to help you not only reflect on your past year, but also get super pumped for 2018!
– Your 2017 –
- How could you describe your 2017 in 3 words?
- Who are your favourite people that you met in 2017?
- What 3 things could you list that you tried for the FIRST time?
- Who did you form a deeper relationship with than you expected (romantic or platonic)?
- What was your biggest surprise in 2017?
- What new skill did you learn?
- What bad habit did you ditch?
- What were you most grateful for?
- What new things you learned about yourself?
- What negative belief did you become aware of?
- What was the best book you read?
- What event made the biggest impact on your life?
- What did you accomplish from your New Year’s resolution from the year before?
- Who did you most enjoy spending time with?
- What’s the coolest thing you created this year?
- What new positive habits did you develop?
- What gave you the most happiness/pleasure on the day to day basis?
- What did you stress about that was completely unnecessary?
- What did you lay the foundations for?
- What’s the biggest problem you solved?
- What was your funniest moment?
- What did you think about more than anything else?
- What activities made you lose track of time?
- What advice would you give your early-2017 self if you could?
- What was your proudest moment?
- What new healthy habits did you cultivate?
– Your 2018 –
Whom do you want to meet in 2018?
How would you describe what you want your 2018 to be?
What new thing do you want to try?
What do you want to achieve in your career?
What do you want your everydays to look and feel like?
Which habits do you want to change?
What is your #1 goal?
What habits do you want to establish?
What 3 words could you use to describe your dream health and fitness?
If last year didn’t go exactly as planned and you feel that you didn’t accomplish all that you wanted, then this is your chance to refocus, appreciate and get pumped up for an amazing year ahead!