Turmeric and buckwheat pancakes
- 400g buckwheat flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites (whisked to stiff peak)
- Tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground tumeric (or Tsp turmeric paste)
- Pinch of salt
- 200ml almond milk (add more if required for batter consistency)
- Topping options: berry compote, coconut yoghurt and toasted almond flakes or coconut flakes
Berry compote ingredients:
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- spices: stevia/cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 170C.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, turmeric, salt, egg yolks and almond milk to a mixable batter consistency. ( add more milk if too thick)
- Beat egg whites to a stiff peak, be careful to not over whisk
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Heat a pan to medium, and spray with coconut oil and add about 1/4 cup of the pancake batter. Once a little smoke starts to become visible flip them over and cook for another minute.
- Place the pan with the pancakes in the oven for 5 minutes or until they rise to cook through the middle.
- Serve with the berry compote, nuts and coconut yoghurt
To make the berry compote place 2 cups of frozen berries in a small pot with ½ cup water, add stevia and cinnamon to taste and bring to the boil.
Mix 1 tbsp gelatin with 2 tablespoons of cold water.
When it comes to the boil, and cook on low until it thickens up. Beef gelatin has amazing gut healing benefits and it’s completely tasteless.