10-minute prep time,
1 hour in the oven,
Ingredients for meatloaf:
- 750g ground beef (I used extra lean grass-fed)
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (optional)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- spices: dry tumeric, oregano, basil, chili flakes, salt & pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp almond meal
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced. Line base and sides of a 7cm-deep, 11cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan with baking paper, allowing a 4cm overhang at long ends.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl except the almond meal and oil (Alternatively you can blend it all in a food processor! If you do it this way, process the veggies first then add the egg and the ground beef.)
- Press the mixture into the pan.
- Smear the olive oil on top of the mixture, sprinkle the almond meal on top and crack some salt & pepper on it.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
For the broccoli mash:
Steam or blench the broccoli, place in a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper and a dash of almond milk. Mix with a hand blender and it’s ready to serve!