Whether you are trying to beat the bloat and get a flat tummy or keep away from snacking at night, this home-made anti-bloating sweet herbal tea is a fantastic choice.
This tea contains delicious and powerful herbs which aid weight loss, digestion and help reduce bloating.
I have this tea each night after dinner and it has been not only beneficial with my digestion, but also saved me from consuming hundreds of unnecessary calories.
Check out the amazing health benefits of the ingredients:
Licorice – Digestive aid for peptic ulcer, ulcerative colitis, heartburn, constipation or inflammatory conditions
Pau D’Arco – one of my favourite ingredients’! – traditionally used for its antifungal properties, it can assist in restoring healthy bacteria in the gut
Ginger – Used to relieve nausea, bloating, indigestion, wind, colic, irritable bowel, cold, flu, poor circulation, menstrual cramps and stomach cramps.
Cloves – can reduce gas and bloating and also aid in quieting upset stomach. In appropriate dosage it can help killing parasites and bacteria in the digestive tract.
- 2 tbsp dry liquorice root
- 3 tbsp pau’d arco tea
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cloves
- 5cm fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- Place all ingredients then boil in a pot.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to the boil.
- When you run out of tea, top it off with another 2 cups of water and reboil.
- You can keep the tea in the pot on the stove for up to 4-5 days, as long as you cover it and reboil it every time you want to drink it!