These moist and tasty tea time cookies make a great afternoon snack.
They are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and completely guilt-free.
(makes 12 cookies)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup ghee (or coconut oil for vegan), melted
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- 3 tablespoon of rice malt syrup
- 10 drops of stevia
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp warm water
- ¼ cup coconut butter, melted
- 5 squares of dark chocolate, broken into small chunks
1. Heat the oven to 160C (320F).
2. In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients (oats, desiccated coconut, baking soda, cacao nibs, dark chocolate).
3. Combine with the wet ingredients and stir until well mixed.
4. Line a baking tray with baking paper and scoop one heaped teaspoon of the mixture into your hand, forming 12 cookies.
5. Bake them for 15 minutes, allow them to cool and serve immediately with a hot cuppa tea.