Makes 5 cups
- 4-5 tablespoons coconut oil (or ghee), melted
- 1 cups coconut flakes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pepitas (preferably activated ones), chopped roughly
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup or better yet I use 10 drops of Liquid Stevia to cut back on the calories!
(If you choose liquid stevia, just mix it in with the melted coconut oil, or if you use stevia powder, just mix it in with the spices)
- Preheat oven to 140 C.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, spread evenly on baking paper on a tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden, turning halfway.
- When golden (I like to make mine quite dark; the darker it is, the crunchier it is), remove and cool immediately to get it crispy.
I like to eat this granola with plain greek yoghurt or unsweetened almond milk with added cinnamon and 2-3 drops of liquid stevia.
Recipe inspired by Sarah Wilson.