These high protein bliss balls are a great snack on the go.
I always carry 2-3 in a ziplock bag in my handbag, for instant energy or in case I crave something sweet to prevent me from grabbing something unhealthy.
- ½ cup pitted Medjol dates
- ½ cup nuts (almonds/walnuts or cashews)
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp Slippery Elm bark powder -this in a functional food that helps heal the gut! (you can buy it at health food stores or order online)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder (optional) – aid healthy blood sugar levels
- 3 tbsp Flax seeds or Chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- First use a hand blender or food processor to grind the nuts for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, except the coconut for rolling and process for another 10-15 seconds until you get a gewy mixture.
- Roll small 3cm balls and roll them in coconut.
- Set in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes and serve!
(If you don’t have a food processor, use a coffee grinder for the nuts and chop up the dates really fine with a knife. You may heat up the dates for a few seconds to make them softer and easier to work with.)