These Super Fluffy Tumeric Pancakes offer the following health benefits:
- gluten (great for your gut)
- refined sugar-free
- Tumeric is high anti-inflammatory
- cinnamon is blood sugar balancing
- talk about the benefits of beef gelatin for gut health https://au.iherb.com/pr/great-lakes-gelatin-co-beef-hide-gelatin-collagen-joint-care-unflavored-16-oz-454-g/52775
- 400g buckwheat flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- Tsp baking powered
- 1 Tsp ground turmeric or tumeric paste
- 200ml almond milk (add more if required for batter consistency.Served with a berry compote, coconut yoghurt and toasted almond flakes or coconut shards
Berry Compote ingredients:
- 2 cups frozen berries
- stevia and cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- optional: 1 tablespoon of Great Lakes beef gelatin (optional but fantastic for gut health)
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- In a bowl beat the egg whites into a stiff peak.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, tumeric, salt, egg yolks and almond milk to a mixable batter consistency. ( add more milk if too think)
- Then gently fold in the egg whites.
- Heat a pan to medium, (if possible use a pan that can be placed in the oven, otherwise leave the handle hanging out and wrap it in a tea towel), coat with a bit of coconut oil scoop about 1/4 cup batter to make each pancake. Once a little smoke starts to become visible flip them, and cook for a couple minutes. To finish, place the pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes until the pancakes rise and cooked through.
- Serve with the berry compote, crushed nuts/or coconut flakes and coconut yoghurt.
To make the berry compote place the berries, water and spices in a small pot and bring to the boil. In a glass combine the gelatin with 2 tablespoons of cold water, then add to the berry mixture and simmer until it becomes thick enough to serve. Beef gelatin has amazing gut healing benefits and it’s completely tasteless. I love this brand!