Making grilled chicken might not seem like rocket science, but it is too easy to end up with chicken that is dry and unpleasant to eat. Using this method you will get juicy and tender chicken that also tastes delicious.
The creamed green beans I usually make on the side is off the hook!
- 1 full chicken breast or 2-3 chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs dry basil
- 1 dry coriander
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- ½ tsp salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 205°C (400°F ).
- Crush the garlic, and set it aside for 5 minutes to bring out its hidden health benefits. Cut the full breast in two halves and remove the tenderloins (they can be used in the recipe, just cook them for half the time). If you are using thighs, simply remove the skin.
- In a large bowl combine the spices and oil, stir and add the chicken breasts. Marinate for 30 minutes if possible.
- Heat a large fry pan over high heat, and place the chicken smooth side down on pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, until caramelised.
- Remove and place chicken on a baking sheet pan (over baking paper or foil) and cook for 15 minutes. Remove, slice against the grain and serve.
While your chook is cooking, start preparing the green beans.
Creamed green beans
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp coconut or rice flour
- 1 shallot or white onion, diced
- ½ tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup water
- Crush garlic, and set it aside for 5 minutes to bring out its hidden health benefits.
- Clean beans, chop the end bits and cut them into 3cm length.
- Heat a small pan and add coconut oil, garlic and flour; whisk and heat until it simmers than remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil, add shallots and cook until translucent, than add the beans, salt, pepper and paprika and the water. Cook until beans are tender, than add the creamy paste to it and simmer until everything is cooked through.
For more delicious recipes like this, check out Nik’s Lean Body Formula 10-week program.