This creation of healthy egg and veggie souffle was a spur of the moment beauty. It was one of those days after a busy week in the clinic, when I was not prepared for my traditional Sunday breakky and I literally had nothing in the fridge. I put everything I did have on the kitchen bench and I realised all I had to work with were 3 eggs, 2 zucchinis, an onion, a very old capsicum, some fresh basil and Parmesan cheese, accompanied by fresh spinach leaves. Hmm I’m definitely not perfect…naughty nutritionist!
Little did I know that I was going to whip up a storm for two using these few simple ingredients. All I had to do was sauteing the veggies and pour the egg over the top and allow it to cook, while I made my delicious green smoothie.
- 3 eggs
- 2 zucchinis grated
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Spices: cayenne pepper, Italian spice mix
- In a medium pan saute onions using olive oil then add the capsicum and zucchini and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, add spices and pour it over the veggies, allowing them to set. Don’t shake or stir them.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and cover with a lid for 5 minutes cooking it on low temperature. Top with fresh basil!
If you like this recipe, please share it! 🙂