Too time poor to prepare a healthy breakfast? You can whip up this easy homemade bar High Protein Muesli Slice Bar the night before, and you’ll be out the door in no time any day of the week.
This High Protein Muesli Slice Bar recipe contains gluten-free rolled oats, which have generous amount of dietary fiber that is highly beneficial for your cardiovascular health. It also helps maintain stable blood sugar levels by slowing down the absorption of sugars during digestion. Oats are great for heart health, as they help lower the total cholesterol; particularly the bad cholesterol one.
These High Protein Muesli Slice Bars also contain a powerful superfood, chia seeds. Chia seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-inflammatory benefits. We cannot deny that there plenty of foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids but there is no plant that contain as much as chia seeds do. Compare to other cereals and grains, it is also abundant in protein, which has been linked to increased satiety and reduced food intake.
Another key ingredient is the sesame seeds, which are a great source of vegan calcium. They contain essential vitamins, minerals and natural oils, which help reduce the risk of different diseases such as hypertension, diabetes and digestive problems. It is also beneficial for elderly to keep their bones strong.
This High Protein Muesli Bar is can also make lifesaver snack. Preparing it at the beginning of the week will help you to save time during the week. If you are always on the rush and daunting to prepare breakfast every morning, this muesli bar is the one that you need.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup dried prunes, pitted & chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 serve (30g) vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Using your hands or a food processor, ensure that the prunes and oats and well combined and almost stick together.
- Mix together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl, the pour on top of the dry mixture.
- Combine well until dough-y consistency.
- Lay a 20×30 baking dish with baking paper, pour in the muesli mixture and press down firmly.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours then cut into 12 slices.