Have you ever tried lupin salad?
Lupin is a powerhouse legume that will quickly become vegetarians first protein choice. However not only vegetarians will love this super grain due to it’s unique nutrition profile. Lupin contains high amounts of bioavailable protein while it has very low carb content. Combining lupin with other grains also makes this lupin herbs salad a complete protein source.
Lupin contains 16g of protein and only 1.6g carbs per serve.
It is also a good source of calcium and magnesium, which are essential for bone health. The prebiotics present in lupin promote the growth of ‘good’ gut bacteria. Since it is packed with fibre, lupin helps suppress appetite, and aiding weight loss.
The perfect balance between sweet and savoury flavours will definitely satisfy your taste buds!
You can find lupin in health food stores, but the easiest and most convenient way to source it is to get it straight from www.lupinfoods.com.au
- 200g Lupin Flake
- 100g green lentils
- 25 red seedless grapes, halved
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of dill, chopped
- 1 bunch of tarragon and mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 150 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Salt & pepper
1) Cook lentils in a saucepan with 3 cups of water for 20 mins and drain. Chop all ingredients while lentils are cooking
2) Cook lupin in a saucepan with 3 cups of water for 3-5 mins. Drain using a siv & wring water out using a tea towel.
3) In a separate bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl and top with mustard dressing.