These delicious matcha bars are the perfect power-packed snack! Fantastic for a post-workout snack containing complex carbohydrates, plenty of fibre and protein to help your muscles recover.
Matcha detoxifies your digestive system and boosts your metabolism, as well as increase energy levels. They are also full of antioxidants, which can reduce oxidative stress in the body and lower cortisol levels.
Matcha has a strong and powerful taste, so a little goes a long way!
Top the matcha bars with a smooth cacao glaze, in any way you like.
This recipe is featured on https://goodnessmebox.com/
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tsps matcha powder
- 1 tsp slippery elm powder (for gut health)
- ½ cup of dessicated coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp rice malt
- 1 tbsp goji berry
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 heaped tbsp cacao
- ½ tsp of stevia]
- 1 tsp tahini
- Process the oats in the food processor until fine, then add the rest of the matcha bar ingredients and process for 5-10 seconds
- Line a baking dish with baking paper and pour in the mixture, flattening it with your hands.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 2 hours
- Place all the cacao glaze ingredients into a small bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Remove mixture from fridge and slice it into bars.
- Drizzle cacao glaze over the matcha bars and place in fridge for another 10-15 mins.
- Remove from fridge. Sprinkle with goji berries and serve