I’m so excited to share one of my favourite practices with you because it has transformed many of my clients (and my own) lives…
Practised regularly, this habit can be simply miraculous!
What is it?
For thousands of years, millions of people have practised regular meditation for its spiritual, mental, emotional and, yes, physical benefits.
And I love how this single habit can improve so many areas of our health.
But first, let’s take a step back…
What is meditation?
While meditation is now used to describe a range of practices that heighten our state of awareness and focus our attention, I love Ayurvedic medicine’s belief that meditation’s true purpose is to connect ourselves to our innermost self.
As Hari Sharma says in his article Meditation: Process and effects, “Meditation… is an exercise of consciousness that results in the expansion of consciousness.”
And this expands our wellbeing, too.
The many benefits of meditation
This practice calms our sympathetic system, boosts brain connections and can restore and enhance better health…
Able to ease emotional challenges like tension, depression, and anxiety…
Boost mental function, enhance our memory, bring clarity and speed of thought and quite literally increase our gray matter…
Reduce physical pain, balance cholesterol levels, and even aid in the cessation of smoking…
I’ve also found (in practice and in the research) that meditators can train harder without extra effort, which is wonderful for achieving a lean, healthy body!
Are you ready to begin?
How to meditate
There are many ways to bring your mind to meditation. Here are my top 5…
2) Focused concentration
3) Consciously listening: To sounds like the rain, the wind or the sea or to guided meditation
4) Meditative movement: Like Yoga or tai chi
5) Breathing exercises
And on that note, I want to share an easy 10-minute breathing technique because practising each day can be transformative.
5 easy steps to meditate
Are you ready?
Find a comfortable position in a quiet, safe place where you will not be interrupted.
- Bring your awareness to your body: Experience its sensations, notice how you connect with the floor, relax areas of tension
- Observe your breath: Do not aim to alter it just feel how it flows into and leaves your body. Whether short or long, deep or shallow, into your abdomen or your chest, just be aware
- Practice gentleness with your monkey mind: It is natural for your focus to be drawn to problems or other activities. This is not a sign you aren’t ‘good’ at meditation, only that you are human. Acknowledge each thought by saying, ‘thinking’ and return to your focus on the breath
- Remain present for around 10-minutes and then ease yourself back into your day
Like any habit or practice, it takes a little time to become familiar and competent.
This is normal.
Some sessions will fill you with bliss while in others you’ll fight with a frantic monkey chattering inside your mind.
It does not matter…
After several weeks of dedication to this free, simple daily practice you’ll begin to notice change…
A lighter feeling of being…
Greater ease in the world…
Less anger and better sleep…
And, yes, it will help you on the path to a healthier, leaner body too.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you get a leaner body:
- Grab a free copy of my new eBook
It’s the roadmap to eliminating bloating & belly fat, improving digestion, and getting a flat stomach. — Go Here
- Join the Lean Body Tribe and connect with women who are transforming their bodies and getting leaner
It’s our new Facebook community where busy women learn how to eat cleaner, train smarter, and get a lean body quicker. — Go Here
- Join our Lean Body Detox Program
It’s my most popular kickstart program that helps women say goodbye to belly fat, jumpstart their metabolism, increase energy and cut the cravings in 10 days flat. — Go Here To Grab Your Spot
- Work with me privately
If you’d like to work directly with me to take you from where you are now to your dream body … just pop your details in the form below… tell me a little about your situation and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details! — Go Here