I absolutely love this recipe because it is tasty, healthy and super quick! Just one of those 15-minute meals you can prepare when you can’t be bothered spending hours in the kitchen. You can serve it with Asian greens or any type of veggies, add brown rice or quinoa. It is absolutely delicious.
- 500g chicken thighs sliced to tenders (or breast if you prefer. Organic or hormone-free is always best!)
- ½ orange
- 2 tbsp soy
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ head Broccoli chopped
- Purple carrot (regular carrot will do just fine)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Small 2-3 cm knob of ginger
- Spring onions for topping
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil or Olive oil
- In a bowl squeeze ½ an orange, combine the juice with soy sauce and a pinch of chili.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet, pan fry the chicken tenders (no oil needed), and add the sauce when the chicken is almost cooked.
- On medium-low heat stir and cook, reducing the sauce for another 5 minutes until glazed.
- Blench the broccoli in boiling water and let it sit for 3 minutes. (In a bowl pour boiling water on the chopped broccoli, and cover it with a plate to soften.)
- Finely slice the ginger, garlic and slice carrot lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a medium pan, put in all the veggies and toss it around in the pan until fragrant. Garnish with sliced spring onions.