There is nothing like the smell of fresh roasted tomatoes & basil lingering around the house on a Saturday morning.
This dish is quick and simple, yet absolutely divine and flavourful.
I like to make it with fresh herbs, but if you don’t have them, you can use dry herbs as well.
Start with the tomatoes!
Ingredients: (serves 1)
- 1 large tomato
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves chopped or 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and turn on the grill.
- Halve the tomatoes horizontally and place skin-side down on a baking tray.
- Add the garlic, basil, balsamic, oil and salt & pepper over the top.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes until the tomatoes are softened and lightly charred.
- In the mean time prep the scrambled eggs.
Serve with fresh rocket, mixed greens or sauteed spinach.