These peanut butter cups are a real guilt-free comfort food that is actually good for your gut and easy to make. They are also high in protein, medium chain fatty acids and anti-inflammatory and anti-viral substances from the coconut oil. If you can’t have peanuts, you are welcome to substitute the peanut butter for any other nut butter such as cashew nut, almond or ABC spread.
To make these peanut butter cups, all you need to do is simply mix the ingredients together and freeze using those ice cube trays.
The chocolate part:
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup creamed coconut (I used this one )
- 30g chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 10 drops of stevia
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- optional: 1 tsp slippery elm bark powder (great for your gut!)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 4 tbsp vanilla protein powder (I used pea protein)
- Heat up the coconut oil and creamed coconut in a saucepan on very low heat.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and keep stirring until well combined.
- Using a fork mix together the peanut butter and vanilla protein in a separate bowl until you get a doughy texture.
- Grab an ice cube stray and , spoon 1 dessertspoon of the peanut butter mixture into each ice cube compartment and press down with your fingers so that it is dispersed evenly.
- Cover each of the ice cube compartments with the melted chocolate (you may have some leftover, just use a separate mold for those).
- Place in the refrigerator to set for 2 hours or in the freezer for 20 minutes. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week or pop in the freezer for longer term storage.
For more delicious and lean recipes like this, take a look at my Lean Body Formula program.