A protein-packed meal to keep your taste bud excited, this power protein parfait holds the perfect balance of protein, carbs and healthy fats. Protein is essential for muscle growth and repair, while fibre is important for gut health. Therefore the chia seeds which are full of fibre and are also a great source of omega-3, makes this the perfect power punch.
Rolled oats are also low GI, which means they help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. My favourite part about this parfait is the pumpkin seeds, which provide a crunchy texture as well as anti-inflammatory benefits.
Your intestinal tract will be kept happy by the calcium-rich Greek yoghurt, – which you can also substitute with coconut yogurt for a vegan option! -, as probiotics assist in maintaining good gut bacteria.
When you think it can’t get any better, the added coconut water is full of electrolytes to keep you hydrated and feeling fresh.
Enjoy the power protein parfait as a post-workout meal or a daytime snack, as well as a healthy breakfast and kick-start to your day.
Ingredients: (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 3 tbs chia seeds & pumpkin seeds mixed
- 3 tbsp cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (or for vegan option coconut yogurt)
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder (optional for extra protein)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- In a small bowl mix the chia seeds and oats in the coconut water, and soak for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together the Greek yogurt, cinnamon and protein powder.
- In a glass jar place 2 scoops of the chia-oat mix, then top with a layer of yogurt mix. Top with frozen berries, another layer of chia-oat mix and a final layer of yogurt.
- Top it with pumpkin seeds and goji berries. Serve chilled.