This immune boosting ginger and turmeric tea is the perfect pick me up for those mid afternoon slumps or for when you’re feeling a little under the weather!
Ginger and Turmeric both have amazing anti-inflammatory properties and can even relieve menstrual cramps and stomach pain.
A little more on the amazing health benefits of these ingredients…
Ginger can be used to relieve nausea, bloating, indigestion, wind, colic, irritable bowel, cold, flu, poor circulation, menstrual cramps and stomach cramps.
Turmeric, like ginger is also great for relieving intestinal discomfort, poor circulation and joint pain.
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 5cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 4cm fresh turmeric, peeled
- 1 tsp dry liquorice root tea
- Place all ingredients in a teapot, add approximately 3 cups of boiling water.
- Steep for 3-5 minutes and strain.
- When you run out of tea you can simply top up your tea pot with boiling water. The flavour should last all day!
images courtesy of pinterest, herbalremedies.org and skinnychef.com