I made these a lot during my competition prep, and I could have not been happier with them! They don’t taste ‘eggy’ as most healthy pancakes do, and they taste so nice with the cinnamon added to the pancake mix, you forget it’s even good for you 🙂
I hope you enjoy it!
Feel free to sprinkle more cinnamon on top, it is a great blood sugar balancing spice that helps and reduce cravings.
- 8 egg whites
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp LSA (linseed, sunflower, almond mix)
- 1 green apples peeled
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil for cooking
- Desiccated coconut for decoration (optional)
- In a bowl combine egg whites, protein powder, LSA and half the cinnamon and whisk well to break up the little protein bubbles.
- In a large skillet heat coconut oil, and pour about one soup ladle size mixture in, spreading it out through the whole skillet. Let it cook for about 1 minute on one side, then when the edges start getting crispy and separate from the pan, flip it and cook the other side for 1 minute.
- Repeat until you run out of mixture.
- Whilst your pancakes are cooking, prepare your filling by grating the apples and mixing it with the yogurt and remaining cinnamon. You may add a 1tbsp of vanilla protein powder, stevia or maple syrup if you like yours sweeter!