This sweet potato and quinoa frittata is simple and so delicious!
I made it on a Sunday, cut it into 5 slices and I had breakfast for the entire week. I think I even gave away some to my lovely girlfriend. It is quite big, so feel free to reduce the portions.
In a @neoflamau pan I sautéed onion, spinach and tomatoes in coconut oil, then added some corn kernels and sweet potato, whisked 4 eggs, 4 egg whites which I poured on top and sprinkled with some cooked quinoa. Cooked on the stove top for 10, then popped the whole pan I’m the oven for another 10!
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites (I used packaged liquid egg whites)
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small brown onion diced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (I used frozen)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup steamed/baked sweet potato (cut into cubes)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder & pinch chili (optional)
- salt, pepper to taste
Topping: 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes*
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F.
- Brown onions with the oil and add tomatoes, spinach and corn.
- When the veggies are half cooked, add sweet potato.
- Whisk the eggs with the tumeric and chili, pour into the pan, sprinkle quinoa on top and cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle yeast flakes on top and place the dish in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
* Nutritional yeast flakes are awesome because they give food a cheesy flavour without the dairy or the saturated fat from cheese. It is also full of stress reducing B complex vitamins, which are required for energy! It is a good source of complete protein with 18 amino acid. Great stuff!
IF YOU DIG THIS RECIPE, DON’T FORGET TO SHARE IT