Look no further for a superfood filled falafel salad, which excites your tummy and taste buds.
This Middle-Eastern inspired dish is a protein rich meal perfect for every occasion and season.
Falafels are traditionally made from chickpeas, but lentil-based falafels are lower in fat and higher in fibre and protein, keeping you fuller for longer from less calories! Great ways to manage weight loss and satiety.
Eggs provide a complete set of the essential amino acids all in one small place. Adding eggs to this falafel kale salad increases your protein intake and helps your body rebuild muscle tissue.
Just to add extra benefits, kale is filled with fibre and many vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C, Vitamin K and calcium which keep your bones strong, your heart healthy, digestive system flowing and protect against blood clotting.
Serves: 4 people
4 cups kale, chopped
2 cups purple cabbage, chopped
2 cups baked sweet potato, cubed
4 eggs, poached
Lentil Falafel Ingredients:
½ cup dry split red lentils
1 cup water
1 garlic cloves, chopped
½ carrot, roughly chopped
¼ cup fresh parsley
½ teaspoon ground cumin, oregano & paprika
2 tablespoons chickpea flour
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Freshly ground pepper & salt, to taste
- Soak lentils overnight and drain when ready to cook.
- In a food processor, blend lentils, carrot, garlic, parsley and lemon juice.
- Combine lentil mixture with flour and spices. Roll into 4 evenly sized balls
- Line a baking tray and lightly coat falafels and sweet potato (cubed) with olive oil. Bake at 180°C for 20 mins.
- Prepare salad and eggs during baking period.
- Serve salad topped with poached egg, falafel and salt & pepper to taste.