Cheesy Kale Chips
- 1 bunch of kale, washed, dried, and stems removed
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted · 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ cup cashews · 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- pinch tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 140C/~280F.
- Wash kale,pet dry – this is important.
- Cut or tear the kale into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Place the cashews, peppers, nutritional yeast, lime juice, water, coconut oil and spices in a blender and blend until creamy. (You may need to add a little water to get the consistency right )
- Pour the sauce over the kale pieces, generously covering them and spread them out onto a baking sheet 5.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, give them a toss, flip them around and continue cooking until crispy. About 10 more minutes.