Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Balls (Makes 8 balls)
There’s no easier way to get plenty of protein and fibre into your diet than these delicious Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Balls. They are not only tasty, but also full of nutrients that your body will love.
Most bliss balls are full of dried fruit, honey or maple syrup which isn’t necessarily healthy or good for your waistline.
No these guys!
These protein balls are full of healthy fats, fibre and protein. As we know protein is important for maintaining and building lean muscle tissue (hello definition!), as well as healthy hormone function, blood sugar balance and keeping you full until your next meal.
These quick and easy Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Balls will be your best friend, especially around 3pm when those afternoon cravings start to set in!
Two or three of these guilt free babies will help you stay in your healthy groove and boost your protein intake at the same time.
I used a whey protein powder for this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Balls recipe, but you can of course make a vegan version by using a plant based protein of your choice.
If you don’t have macadamia nut butter in your cupboard, feel free to use any other nut butter (apart from peanut).
Enjoy and don’t forget to let me know in the comments how you liked them!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Balls Ingredients: (Makes 8 balls)
- 40g chocolate or vanilla protein powder (I used Bodyscience natural WPI)
- 40g LSA mix (linseed, sunflower, almond meal)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp macadamia nut butter
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 4-5 drops or 2 tsp powdered stevia
- 2 strawberries (40g)
- Extra cacao powder for rolling
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and process until it reaches a doughy consistency. (if too dry add 1 tbsp water)
- Scoop a heaped spoonful of the mixture, roll into balls, and if you like yours chocolate-y (I sure do!) roll in more cacao powder.
- Keep in airtight container in the fridge for 3 days, or freeze and enjoy later.
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments and check out this Protein Muffin recipe! I know you’ll love it 🙂