Feeling something sweet on a cold winter evening? I did! I love this recipe, as it only takes 5 mins to prep, and it makes the house smell amazing.
- 2 Apples, cored
- juice of half lemon
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 Date, pitted and chopped up
- pinch Himalayan salt, ground stevia, cinnamon and ginger
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Core apples and squeeze some lemon juice on the insides to stop them from going brown.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan, add almond meal, nuts, dates and spices, and toss around for a minute or two. Stir in coconut milk, and cook until it evaporates.
- Place the apples on baking pan or muffin pans. Muffin pans work better because they don’t let the apples fall apart. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 mins.
You can serve it with:
Or just eat on its own like I did 🙂
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes