Talking about a guilt-free snack…you just can’t go wrong with these kale chips. Even kids love them.
I can’t justify spending $12-15 on store-bought kale chips so I decided to make my own. You can easily create a variety of flavours, so you never get bored.
- 1 bunch of kale, washed, dried, and stems removed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste (be sparse on the salt, trust me.)
- Preheat oven to 150C/300F.
- Cut or tear the kale into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Pour the melted coconut oil over the kale and massage until all kale leaves are covered and tender.
- Spread them out onto a baking sheet and sprinkle on the garlic, red chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Place into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, give them a toss and continue cooking until crispy, 5-10 minutes.