These healthy lemon bars feature an exquisite almond crust and a sweet lemon filling. If you’re a lemon lover, don’t wait a minute longer!
Why these lemon bars?
They are super easy to make but they taste like you’ve spent half a day dancing around the kitchen. Basically your oven does all the work, you just mix the ingredients, wait, then mix again, then wait a few more minutes – and boom!
Perfect Mother’s day dessert is ready to be served. On her day, Mom should be able to enjoy the most delicious things and these lemon bars will definitely set her mood. Make her day special!
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cup (170 g) blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 cup (25 g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
For the lemon layer:
- 1/4 cup (50 g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 cup (30 g) rice malt syrup
- 5 g Stevia
- 3 eggs
- 85 g lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- Optional: 1 tbsp unflavoured collagen (for better skin and healthier gut)
Extra – coconut oil and coconut flour to prepare baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 175 C (350 F). Grease square 8*8-inch baking pan with coconut oil and lightly dust with coconut flour. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour with sea salt.
- In another bowl, combine the coconut oil, rice malt, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until well combined.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over the baked crust and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
- Cut into 16 bars. Serve, eat, enjoy!